Trieste Smart! Help the city win the contest
Trieste – Friuli Venezia Giulia
Where it takes place
Sagrado del Carso, Località Sgonico and Trieste
Square of Sagrado del Carso
in front of the map
on foot and by own car
(possibility to organize the transfer)
from 4 to 8 hours
Local food and wine, meeting with locals and their stories, nature, traditions, art and border cultures
According to the needs of cost and duration for adults, individuals and groups up to 16 people.
The Story to Live Together
The City of Trieste has decided to participate in the international competition “European Capital of Smart Tourism” and has invited citizens and lovers of this historic Central European border city to give force to the candidacy.
Do you want to participate?
We are in Sagrado del Carso together with Elena who will coordinate this important initiative. Help her collect photos and videos of the unique nature of the Carso and traditional food and wine specialties of this borderland. Join Elena who is waiting for you!
Elena, Experiential Travel Operator
Hello, I’m Elena, tourist guide, expert in interculturality, teaching and art. I am part of one of the religious minorities of Trieste and I am passionate about the culinary delights of the city that are inspired by the traditions of intercultural cuisine of this area. We will taste sweet and savoury delicacies together, discover the history of the Bora wind, learn to sing in Trieste dialect and immerse ourselves in the nature and culture of the Carso. I’m waiting for you!
What can we do together
- Meeting with Elena and introduction to the mission
- Meeting with Sabina, nature guide and departure to discover the nature of the Carso and Mount Lanaro
- Arrival at the Milic farm and meeting with the family who runs it to discover their story
- We learn songs and traditions in Trieste dialect
- Lucjia Milic welcomes us in his Carso house and immerses us in its history
- Presentation of the collected material to the authorities
- Toast and celebrations with lunch or aperitif based on local products
Watch the video!
Minors must be accompanied by an adult. Excursion not suitable with walking disabilities
Report on request any allergies and/ or intolerances.
Path of 5km with 200mt of difference in altitude