Time Travel for Foodies in Milan
Milan – Lombardy
Where it takes place
Milan and Zibido San Giacomo
Caffè “Il Camparino” in galleria,
Piazza Duomo 21, Milano
on foot, by minivan or own car
from 2,5 to 6 hours
History, culture and traditions of Milanese food and wine, Rural world, Media and communication
According to the needs of cost and duration for families, individuals and groups up to 14 people. Chanche to organize larger groups.
The Story to live together
Simona has created “Time travel for foodies in Milan”, a new TV format dedicated to the history of Milanese food and wine.
Would you like to be part of the crew that will produce the episode dedicated to risotto alla milanese from Leonardo da Vinci to the present day?
Bring your smartphone and all your curiosity and creativity, Simona will be waiting for you at the “Camparino” Café in front of the Duomo to decide together the shooting schedule.
Simona, Experiential Tourism Operator
Hi, I’m Simona, tour guide and language teacher, specialised in communication, since I was young I have always had a passion for art as well as the food and wine traditions of my city. Come with me, and you will discover the ancient origins of the Milanese gastronomy, starting from the famous risotto alla milanese, which we will promote on social networks thanks to our live broadcast.
What we can do together
- Meeting with Simona in the Duomo Square and introduction to the mission of documentingthe history of risotto alla milanese from its medieval origins
- At Castello Sforzesco an expert of the Renaissance will provide useful elements to document the famous wedding party organised by Leonardo Da Vinci
- Site inspection at the Darsena, the ancient important commercial harbour for the exchange of goods, here we will meet an artist who has an ancient risotto recipe book in her atelier.
- Stop at the “Conca Fallata” lock the famous “mistake” of Leonardo da Vinci along the Naviglio Pavese
- Excursion to the church of Zibido San Giacomo with its medieval frescoes highlighting the agriculture of the time
- The ZIPO farm is the set to meet a real worlder and learn about her life as well as the traditions of rice cultivation
- A visit to the Sforza-era hunting lodge, where there is evidence of a drawing by Leonardo da Vinci
- Show cooking and tasting of Milanese risotto with the ingredients produced at the Zipo farm under the careful guidance of Elisa
- Examination of the documents published by the troupe and celebration for the accomplished mission
Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.