The Maiorchino Tournament
Messina – Sicily
Where it takes place
Novara di Sicilia,
San Nicola Pastry Shop,
Corso Nazionale 119
from 3 to 4 hours
Local culture and folklore, ancient traditions, discovery of the territory, meeting with locals, enogastronomy
According to the needs of cost and duration for adults, families, individuals and groups up to 25 people. Suitable for team building and special occasions
The Story to live together
The Mayor of Novara of Sicily commissioned Filippo, president of the PFM cultural association, to organize a special edition of the famous Maiorchino Tournament so as not to lose the tradition. During the Tournament, the citizens of Novara di Sicilia compete in a spectacular race where they roll a cheese (The Maiorchino) through the streets of the town.
Citizens of Novara di Sicilia, you are called to set up and take part in the tournament! Filippo is waiting for you tomorrow and don’t worry about the hat to take part, it’s ready for you!
Filippo, Experiential Tourism Operator
Hi, I’m Filippo, the President of the PFM Association, passionate and expert on the cultural traditions of my region. You will immerse yourself in our historical and gastronomic traditions. I will take you to the discovery of my country, its inhabitants and you will participate in the famous Maiorchino Tournament.
What we can do together
- Meeting with Filippo and introduction to the company
- At a local dairy farm, discovery of the secrets of the production of Maiorchino cheese with tasting of typical products
- Through the streets of the town, knowledge of the tournament path and meeting with the local people
- Exploration of the Ethno-anthropological Museum where a block of Maiorchino tournament cheese is kept
- Simulation of the Maiorchino Tournament
- Inside an ancient mill, meeting with the councilor and demonstration of what was learned during the day
- Celebrations with a typical local dessert, the “Jditu d’Aposturo”
Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.