The Enigma of Otranto and the Holy Grail
Lecce – Apulia
Where it takes place
Antico Bar Castello,
Piazza Castello 8
from 2 to 5 hours
Legends, mysteries, esotericism, symbolism, medieval art and history, craftsmanship
According to the needs of cost and duration for adults, families, individuals and groups up to 20 people. Suitable for team building and special occasions
The Story to live together
Archbishop Calabria commissioned Rosemarie, anthropologist and scholar of medieval mysteries, to establish an international commission to unveil the famous “Enigma of Otranto”. The challenge is bold because it is not just a matter of finding and freeing the greatest medieval European mosaic from stucco but also of revealing the more hidden meaning that is hidden in “the Tree of Life”, an iconography of the ancient mosaic which, according to the legend, seems to date back to the myth of the Holy Grail.
Rosemarie has already found the first clues; bring your history notes on medieval myths and legends and get ready to face the mystery!
Rosemarie, Experiential Tourism Operator
Hi, I am Rosemarie, a cultural anthropologist and counselor. I will guide you in a real cultural treasure hunt through the most secret passages of medieval Otranto. Between challenges and clues you will have to reconstruct the map of the ancient mosaic and reveal its deepest meaning. If you succeed in the enterprise you will find yourself face to face with … the Holy Grail.
What we can do together
- Meeting with Rosemarie and beginning of the treasure hunt
- Discovery of the first clues in the Castle of Otranto
- The search for clues in the frescoes of the Church of San Pietro continues
- The team will consolidate the symbolic meanings of the great mosaic collected during the treasure hunt at the Cathedral of Santa Maria Annunziata
- Mosaic workshop with a mosaic craftsman who will challenge the team to experiment the mosaic technique, making a small artifact
- Final celebrations with an ice cream on the promenade of Otranto or aperitif with typical products
Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.