Ragalna: City of the flavors and colors of Etna
Catania – Sicily
Where it takes place
Palazzetto dello Sport
from 2 to 8 hours
Local traditions and folklore, food and wine, meeting with the Locals, nature.
According to the needs of cost and duration for adults, individuals and groups up to 15 people. Adaptable to larger groups
The Story to live together
The village of Ragalna, located at the foot of Etna, is unfortunately depopulating and the municipality is considering selling the houses for 1 euro to attract new inhabitants as it already happens in other parts of Italy.
The Ragalnesi are happy that the village can return to life, but they fear they could lose the historical and cultural roots of their territory. For this reason, only those who have successfully passed the examination at the end of the masterclass of acculturation in the Etnean village can become citizens of Ragalna.
And you? Are you ready for your new life in Sicily? Marina is waiting to help you take on this challenge!
Marina, Experiential Travel Operator
Hi, I’m Marina, tour leader born and raised at the foot of Etna. My passion is made of popular traditions, typical Sicilian dishes, “Miniminagghie” tongue twister, and steps of Sicilian tarantella. Meet me in Ragalna, and I will take you to meet the locals in an ancient “palmento”.
Together we will live a unique and unrepeatable experience!
What we can do together
- Meeting with Marina and introduction to the mission
- Immersion in the village, visit to the typical houses and meet with a local who will teach us a typical Sicilian proverb
- Path along the Palmento to know the locals and their stories
- Typical Ragalnese cooking class
- In a large room of the Palmento we learn the typical Sicilian tarantella
- Meeting with the authorities of the country for the final examination and the delivery of certificates
- Cheers and celebrations with local products
Watch the video!
Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Please report any allergies and/ or intolerances.