“Paint it Glass Murano Award” - artist’s proof in Murano
Venice – Veneto
Where it takes place
Vaporetto stop “Colonna”,
next to the roman pillar
from 2 to 4 hours
Venice and its traditions, art of glass pearls, local handicraft evolved into an artistic way
According to the needs of cost and duration for adults, families, individuals and groups up to 10 people
The Story to live together
Massimiliano is a brave innovator of the ancient tradition of Murano glassmaking. His artistic glassware shows works of the highest artistic value created also with international designers, a creative network that he wants to implement with the help of Rita, his Art Team talent scout.
Do you want to join the Massimiliano Schiavon Art Team too? Take part in the next edition of the “Paint it Glass Murano Award”, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your creativity in an artistic context beyond imagination. Places are limited, so register now! Rita is waiting for you in Murano to immerse yourself in a new dimension of art.
Rita, Experiential Tourism Operator
Hi, I’m Rita, passionate tour guide, daughter of an “impiraressa and expert in the history of Venetian glass pearls, of which I am also a collector. I will let you know the secrets of the tradition of Murano artistic glass, from its medieval beginnings until its most recent applications that you will be able to experience by trying your hand at a unique and exclusive technique, highlighting the artist that is you!
What we can do together
- Meeting with Rita and delivery of the pass to access the “Massimiliano Schiavon Art Team”
- Walking along the Rio dei Vetrai (Glassmakers’ Canal) and passing by some well known furnaces, you start towards Massimiliano Schiavon Art Team, meeting with Max Schiavon at the Lobby-Gallery of his furnace
- In the well-equipped warehouse-workshop, surrounded by boxes of pearls, designers will be able to understand, with Giovanna, creative “impiraressa”, the importance of the art of the pearl before realizing their own creation
- Visit to the Massimiliano Schiavon’s art exhibit observing the artists working inside the furnace
- Evaluation of “artist tests” and choice of photos to be published on the social page of the event
- Celebratory toast for the fulfillment of the task
Watch the video
Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.