"Game of Thrones" in Treviso
Treviso – Veneto
Where it takes place
Entrance of San Francesco church,
Via Sant’Antonio da Padova 2
da 2 a 4 ore
Medieval history, traditions, enogastronomy
According to the needs of cost and duration for adults, families, individuals and groups up to 30 people.
The Story to live together
Giovanna, an expert on medieval history, has been commissioned to guide a group of scriptwriters who have the task of defining the storyboard of a film that should enhance the history of Treviso in the “Game of thrones” style, on the basis of a well-known nobles’ feud in 1312. Starting from the historical fact, well explained by Giovanna, scriptwriters will have to define the scenes of the storyboard by reproducing snapshots in the places of the ancient feud and hoping to be convincing for the film to be produced and distributed.
You’re part of the crew too! Go immediately to the entrance of the Church of San Francesco where Giovanna is waiting for you with “bag and baggage” necessary for the definition of the scenes.
Giovanna, Experiential Tourism Operator
Hi, I’m Giovanna, tour guide passionate about medieval history and sword tradition. Together we will immerse ourselves in a bloody historical event that really happened in Treviso in 1312, retracing its reasons and the way in which it took place. Together with a historical re-enactor we will understand customs and tradition of that time.
What we can do together
- Meeting with Giovanna and a historical re-enactor, who will be the consultants of the group of scriptwriters to define the methods for the storyboard that in the places concerning to the historical fact:
- Church of San Francesco where the Da Camino tomb once stood. Loggia dei Cavalieri, meeting place for military and leaders with frescoes of knights on horseback. Palazzo dei Trecento, seat of the political power at that time
- Duomo where there is the sarcophagus of the Bishop who conspired against the Da Camino family. Saint Caterina, where the palace of the Da Camino family once stood
- Meeting at a typical bar to examine photos and videos of the storyboard with the possibility of participation by the producer of the film
- Celebration with lunch or aperitif based on typical local products
Watch the video
Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.