Drena, there's a lot more beyond the "chestnut"
Riva del Garda – Trentino Alto Adige
Where it takes place
Church of San Carlo
from 2 to 6 hours
Discovery of the territory, nature, psycho-physical wellness, local food and wine, meeting with locals
According to the needs of cost and duration for adults, individuals and groups up to 15 people.
The Story to live together
The town of Drena is famous for its “Marone di Drena DOP” (chestnut) but in reality there is much more: woods of chestnut trees where you can rediscover a balance with nature and an ancient lifestyle, which some have already wanted to find by moving here from the city. Carmen has been commissioned to spread this unique experience of wellbeing by training real Ambassadors.
If you are passionate about unspoilt nature, a healthy, ecological and humane life, do not miss the opportunity to participate in Carmen’s masterclass to become Ambassador of Drena. See you on the churchyard!
Carmen, Experiential Travel Guide
Hi I’m Carmen, licensed tour guide and Forest bathing expert. I love my work and my land, between Lake Garda and the mountains, the Alps and the Dolomites. Together with me you will discover small realities immersed in nature, pristine woods rich in traditional places and people capable of courageous life choices. I wait for you to fall in love with this little-known Italy!
What we can do together
- Meeting with Carmen and introduction to the mission
- Carmen presents the village, its history, real estate, historical and artistic heritage, the rhythms and lifestyles of the local community linked to chestnut growing, the Castle of Drena, the landscape among olive groves, chestnut groves and woods. Ambassadors photograph, shoot and interview
- In the farm Maso Gostner Roberto and Tina tell us about their change of life and their activity in the farm
- We meet Alice, the castanicoltrice, who tells us about her activity in her chestnut grove
- In the chestnut grove of Maroneri Estate, Carmen leads the “Bath of chestnuts”
- In the Maroneri Estate workshop of grappa and chestnuts with Alice
- Final Masterclass exam, award ceremony and celebrations with local products
Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.
Not suitable for animals.