Deep in the green heart of the Italian Riviera
Lavagna – Liguria
Where it takes place
Bar “Chez Vous”
Piazza Milano 14
on foot and minivan
from 3 to 6 hours
Nature, traditions, agriculture, food and wine, rural landscapes, meeting with the locals
According to the costs and length needed for adults, individuals and groups up to 10 people. Adaptable to larger groups
The Story to Live Together
The Tigullio section of Italia Nostra has commissioned Antonella and her environmental friends to produce material for a documentary about the culture of the hills of Lavagna so as to promote the eco-sustainability of this area.
Would you like to be part of the group that will highlight the eco-sustainable qualities of Tigullio?
Come and interview the locals using both your curiosity and smartphone and capture a landscape dating back to over a thousand years ago.
Antonella, Experiential Tourism Operator
Hello! I am Antonella, a tourist guide born and raised in Lavagna, a charming sea side town in the middle of the Tigullio Gulf.
Together we will discover its coastal hills, once the centre of slate extraction (the black stone of Liguria). Amongst the dry-stone walled terraces and ancient olive trees we can experience an emotional journey between the past and the present, understanding the importance of caring for the territory we live in.
What can we do together
- Meeting Antonella and introduction to the mission
- In the Mozartian olive-grove we meet Nino and Giobatta, farmers, who immerge us into the techniques of olive cultivation, construction of dry-stone walls and tasting of extra-virgin olive oil
- Meeting with Oenone, landscape restorer, at her rural home
- At the Monna Bianca Winery, we meet the owner Paola, who will guide us in the preparation of the genoese original pesto sauce
- The Italia Nostra delegate evaluates the material collected and delivers the certificates
- A celebratory toast with lunch or aperitif with typical local products
Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Report any allergies and/or intolerances upon request.
Not available in case of bad weather