December 29, 1954: Popular uprising against the Count Tramontano
Matera – Basilicata
Where it takes place
The Bar inside the Giovanni Paolo II park,
in front of the castle
from 3 to 4 hours
History and culture, art, legends, craft shops, historical re-enactments
According to the needs of cost and duration for adults, families, individuals and groups up to 20 people
The Story to live together
The people of Matera are by now tired of the continuous abuses perpetrated by the Count Giancarlo Tramontano and today, December 29th 1514, we are all summoned in front Castle, to Brunetta, the brave daughter of the gunsmith. Brunetta has called together the most intrepid citizens to arm them and promote an uprising in order to drive out the evil and hated Count.
Come quick, time is our enemy! Bring weapons and sticks to make this moment, so important for our town, epic
Rosanna, Experiential Tourism Operator
Hi, my name is Rosanna, an expert in hospitality and tourism. I will take you to relive an episode that really happened in the Renaissance history of my town. You will discover the reasons why the Tramontano Castle has remained incomplete and you will relive the feelings that moved the population to hunt the tyrant. The fascinating historical center of Matera will be our stage.
What we can do together
- Meeting with Rosanna and interpretation of the ejaculatory rites of the time to give life to the uprising
- Participation in the riot against the Count Tramontano under the Castle Tower
- With the directions of a map, you reach a secret place where there is the laboratory of a real local papier-mache craftsman who will show his art
- Accompanied by a tour guide, visit around the old town and the Cathedral where there will be the ambush to the Count
- Certificate and celebration with tasting of typical local products
- Surprise epilogue..
Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.