Cetara – Amalfi Coast
Where it takes place
Bar Ombelico del Mondo,
from 2 to 6 hours
Local food and wine, traditional fish processing, traditions, sea life, meeting with locals
According to the needs of cost and duration for adults, individuals and groups up to 15 people. Adaptable to larger groups
The Story to Live Together
The Association “Amici delle Alici” brings together operators and lovers of anchovies. It has recently organized a very special masterclass to train the new Cetara Fish Operators and thus keep alive the traditional fish chain still managed in an artisanal way with a high quality product.
What about you? Do you want to help keep the soul of Cetara alive? Join us! It will be an exciting experience.
Paola is the coordinator of the masterclass and is waiting for you in Piazza Cantone in Cetara!
Paola, Experiential Travel Guide
Hello, I’m Paola, tourist and hiking guide and after a few years spent abroad I’ve chosen to live in the Amalfi Coast! With the Association Amici delle Alici I’ve organized a special Masterclass to keep alive the traditional fish chain that here in Cetara is still managed in an artisanal way. Together we will keep alive the soul of Cetara, a village of farmers and fishermen. Join me!
What we can do together
- Meeting with Paola in the marina of Cetara and introduction to the masterclass
- At the port we listen to the stories of fishermen intent on the preparation of the boats and the nets for the next fishing trip
- At the Neptune laboratory, Giulio, the owner, explains the processing of anchovies and tuna
- At the Museo della Torre Vicereale in Cetara, we know the paintings and ceramic art exhibitions that are particularly linked to the fish industry
- In the dining room of the restaurant La Cianciola, chef Vincenzo Giorgio teaches some cooking and conservation techniques of anchovies
- In another room of the restaurant, group examination before the Commission with the President of the Association
- Cheers and celebrations with local products
Watch the video
Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.
The route includes 1.5 km of trekking with 150 meters of altitude difference