Cetara’s new bluefin tuna chefs
Cetara – Amalfi Coast
Where it takes place
Piazza Martiri Ungheresi
Ugo Marano Fountain
from 2 to 6 hours
History of tuna and tuna boats, local food and wine, sea life, cooking class, meeting with locals
According to the needs of cost and duration for adults, individuals and groups up to 15 people.
The Story to Live Together
Cetara is famous for the fishing of bluefin tuna. A precious fish that is particularly enhanced by local cuisine. The restaurateurs of the village wish to give continuity to this important tradition and have charged Angela to organize the formation of a brigade of new tuna chefs.
Do you also want to wear the chef’s hat of Cetara tuna?
Bid for the new brigade! We will take you on a journey into the world of bluefin tuna from the port to the San Pietro restaurant!
Angela, Experiential Travel Guide
Hi, I’m Angela and I am very attached to my territory of farmers and fishermen, where I grew up in the family tradition with an important history of tuna fishing along with my husband David, owner and tuna fisherman. I like valuing history, habits, culture and local gastronomy and then share it with others. Join me in Cetara!
What we can do together
- Meeting with Angela at the port to organize the mission
- At the port some fishermen tell us about their job and fishing techniques
- At the restaurant “Alici come Prima”, the new chefs are involved by chef Stefano in the tasting of tartare and tuna fillets
- At the restaurant “San Pietro”, in Cetara, chef Franco Tammaro teaches to cook the straccetti with bottarga to try all the chefs
- At the restaurant, group examination before the Commission with the Coordinator of the Association “Terra Protetta” Gal and chef Franco Tammaro
- Great celebration for the accomplishment of the mission with local products
Watch the video
Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.