Where it takes place
Piazza G. Carducci
at the foot of the statue
from 2 to 6 hours
Art, history, architecture, food and wine, historic houses, meeting with locals
According to the needs of cost and duration for adults, individuals and groups up to 10 people. Adaptable to larger groups
The Story to live Together
In 1889, King Umberto I and Prime Minister Francesco Crispi came to Lecce to inaugurate some important monuments. To celebrate the memory of this historic event, the Associazione Dimore Storiche Italiane asked Fabio to put together a group of passionate volunteers to coordinate the production of an article and the preparation of a commemorative aperitif.
Fabio is waiting for you in Piazza Carducci, bring all your motivation together with lots of curiosity and creativity.
Fabio, Experiential Tourism Operator
Hello! I’m Fabio, tour guide and archaeologist. My passions have always been history, art, food and wine, especially those of my region. Join me in Lecce and together we will discover and promote an unexpected city. Strolling around the historic center, among shops and nineteenth-century buildings, we will learn to set up an aperitif worthy of a king!
What we can do together
- Meeting with Fabio and immersion in the mission to be accomplished, map and checklist ready to decide how to make the reportage
- At the Provincial Library of Lecce, retrieval of some historical documents and interview with the librarian
- Strolling around the historic center, the report is enriched with details, photos and interviews thanks to the meeting with locals and the visit to some historic shops where the ingredients for the preparation of the banquet are found
- Arrival at Palazzo Tamborino Cezzi, meeting with the chef, deepening in the various rooms and the garden of the palace
- In the kitchens of the Palazzo, the team learns to make the Lecce rustic and prepares the commemorative aperitif
- Review of the material produced, delivery of certificates toast and celebrations
Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Report on request any allergies and/ or intolerances.
Presence of architectural barriers along the way.