Ambassadors of San Basilio
Delta del Po – Veneto
Where it takes place
San Basilio, Rovigo
Via San Basilio 5
on foot and bicycle with pedal assistance
from 3 to 6 hours
The Po Delta and its history, local enogastronomy, spirituality, rural life, Roman and medieval archeology
According to the needs of cost and duration for adults, families, individuals and groups up to 20 people.
The Story to live together
Maura is the owner of the cosy agritourism Forzello of San Basilio, a small and quiet village where she was born, immersed in the beautiful and lush Polesana plain in the heart of the Po Delta, where Maura’s father made the incredible discovery of a ancient Roman post station, sign of the millenary tradition of local hospitality for travelers, traders, pilgrims and now for tourists. A mix of history, nature, food and legends that Maura wants to spread by forming brave Ambassadors of San Basilio.
If you want to discover the secrets of a rare land where time has stopped in an eternal framework, take part in the formation of Maura to become Ambassador of San Basilio and bring to the world the most intimate soul of this wonderful place and its inhabitants.
Maura, Experiential Tourism Operator
Hi, I’m Maura, owner of the Forzello agritourism, a family business that I manage with love and passion in the historical territory to which it belongs. I will help you plunge yourself into a time-travel, making you understand why travelers and pilgrims passed along the “Street for San Basilio” since Roman times, throughout the Middle Ages, until today.
What we can do together
- Meeting with Maura at her agriturism to introduce the training course to become Ambassador of San Basilio
- Exploration of Roman ruins and immersion in the Middle Ages and in the history of pilgrims in the church of San Basilio
- Meeting with Giancarlo at his pig farm and production of typical local sausages
- Cycling route enjoying breathtaking landscapes to understand the development of the territory and the river Po, over the millennia until today
- Creative craft and enogastronomic workshops through time: Year 0, Year 1000, Year 2000
- Final accreditation of Ambassadors who have passed the admission test
- Lunch or dinner, medieval and Roman tasting, party
Watch the video
Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.