250 million years ago in Sauris
Udine – Friuli Venezia Giulia
Where it takes place
Sauris di Sopra
from 2 to 8 hours
Nature, geology, local traditions and typical food and wine, meeting with locals
According to the needs of cost and duration for families, individuals, and groups up to 16 people.
The Story to live Together
The mayor of Sauris wants to expand the Ethnographic Museum with photos and fossils of the famous Carnic Lagoon formed 250 million years ago, a geological peculiarity that characterizes the valley of Sauris in a truly unique way.
Renzo, an architect also an expert in geology, has been commissioned to coordinate the team of explorers who will have to complete the mission.
Do you want to try your hand at this adventure? Renzo is waiting for you at the Ethnographic Museum and will also provide you with the knowledge and equipment necessary for research.
Renzo, Experiential Travel Operator
Hello, I’m Renzo, engineer-architect of Pordenone, expert in geology with a great passion for Sauris, where I live in a beautiful historic house. I can’t wait to introduce you to the geological evolution of the “Sauris Lagoon”, an incredible and unique story that began about 250 million years ago when these lands were in another part of the planet.
What we can do together
- Renzo meets the “explorers” to organize the mission with the help of Lucia, Conservator of the museum
- At the ethnographic museum Renzo introduces the geological history of the valley, Lucia highlights the material already on display and suggests solutions for the new exhibition
- Hunting for findings along the streets of Sauris di Sopra, meeting with locals and collecting their testimonies
- Nature walk to the place of research (option transfer by Van) and fossil collection in Felempechle
- Back to Sauris to return and present the material collected to the Ethnographic Museum
- Toasts and celebrations based on local products
Minors must be accompanied by an adult
Please inform us in advance of any food intolerance or allergy.
The walk takes place on a comfortable paved road of 5 km a/r, with a gentle difference in altitude of about 150 meters from Sauris di Sopra to Felempechle.